Shareholder Sharon Huerta will be a panelist for a live webinar titled, “The Status of Covid-related Business Interruption Insurance Claims in California and Elsewhere,” at 12:00 P.M. on Friday, January 29, 2021. The program is presented by the Insurance Law Section of the San Diego County Bar Association (SDCBA) and is designed for attorneys who represent insurance companies or policyholders with existing or potential business interruption claims, and those who provide advice concerning insurance products and claims.
Topics covered include:
- What provisions of property insurance policies are being used by policyholders to attempt to obtain coverage for COVID-related losses and what policy exclusions/limitations may apply.
- What most property insurance policies require to establish coverage for a business interruption claim and how that pertains to COVID-related business losses.
- How California state and federal courts have been responding to litigation challenging insurance company denials of COVID-related business interruption claims.
- Legal issues arising in jurisdictions outside of California in response to COVID-related business interruption claims.
- Other insurance issues that may arise in connection with COVID-related business losses.
To register, click here.
Ms. Huerta is a shareholder with Sullivan Hill and a member of the Insurance Coverage and Construction Law practice groups. Ms. Huerta practices in all aspects of litigation, specializing in insurance coverage litigation and evaluation, bad faith, and developer representation. In addition, Ms. Huerta has significant experience in appellate writing and was primarily responsible for drafting briefs in numerous successful published and unpublished opinions, including Pulte Home Corp. v. American Safety Indem. Co., 14 Cal. App. 5th 1086 (2017); Pardee Construction Co. v. Ins. Co. of the West, 77 Cal. App. 4th 1340 (2000); and Emerald Bay Community Assn. v. Golden Eagle Ins. Corp., 130 Cal. App. 4th 1078 (2005).
About Sullivan Hill:
Sullivan Hill has provided efficient, aggressive, and responsive legal representation for more than 50 years. The firm provides full service representation to clients in a variety of industries with an emphasis in insolvency, construction disputes, insurance coverage, real estate, business disputes, civil litigation, and transactional work. The firm has offices in San Diego and Las Vegas.