Paul H. DuvallOf Counsel
Paul Duvall is a member of Sullivan Hill’s Commercial and Business Litigation and Employment Law practice groups. Mr. Duvall’s practice is focused in the areas of employment and labor matters as well as wage and hour issues.
Prior to joining Sullivan Hill, Mr. Duvall was an attorney at a San Diego law firm representing plaintiffs in employment cases alleging discrimination, wrongful termination and wage/hour violations in state and federal courts. Before that, he was a managing partner of the San Diego office of King & Ballow where he represented various California newspapers and other clients in employment and labor matters. Previously, Mr. Duvall practiced law with Sullivan, Jones & Archer, a San Diego law firm specializing in complex civil litigation. During that time, he was a court-appointed defense attorney for indigent criminal defendants in the Southern District of California. Mr. Duvall was a judge advocate in the United States Marine Corps and a law clerk for the Hon. Howard B. Turrentine
- Northwestern University School of Law, J.D.,
- Cornell College, Mt. Vernon, Iowa, B.A., 1969
- Represented plaintiffs in employment cases alleging discrimination, wrongful termination and wage/hour violations in state and federal courts.
- Represented large metropolitan newspapers and other clients in extended labor confrontations and employment disputes including litigation in labor arbitrations, NLRB hearings, and traditional employment litigation in state and federal courts regarding sexual harassment, ADA and other workplace employment disputes.
- Lead counsel in representing clients in employment-related mediations before JAMS, AAA and other mediation services in Southern California.
- Represented individual defendants who had potential criminal liability in large securities cases.
Mr. Duvall was admitted to the State Bar of Illinois in 1972 and to the State Bar of California in 1976. He is admitted to practice before the Unite States Court of Military Appeals, before the United States Supreme Court all Federal District Courts for the State of California and State of Illinois and before the United States Court of Appeal for the Ninth, Seventh, Fifth and Fourth Circuits.
Mr. Duvall served as president and board member for the San Diego Volunteer Lawyer program from 1987-2006. He was formerly a part of the volunteer faculty for the National Institute of Trial Advocacy (NITA).