Priyanka Talukdar is a member of the Firm’s Commercial Litigation and Business Transactions practice groups. Ms. Talukdar’s practice focuses on providing legal services to businesses and commercial enterprises, located in the United States, as well as foreign jurisdictions. She regularly advises on issues such as formation, general corporate governance, equity structure, financing, employment and commercial and real estate transactions. As part of her cross-border practice, she assists companies located outside the U.S. enter the U.S. market by advising on optimal structure for U.S. presence, resolving cross-border issues, and assisting with their business acquisitions and mergers in the United States.
Prior to joining the Firm, Ms. Talukdar worked as a foreign lawyer and as an associate at several international law firms located in Singapore and India. She also served as an associate for the National Judicial Academy (India), which is India’s foremost training institute for the judiciary. Ms. Talukdar’s international experience provides her with unique skills to better serve clients doing business in or with the United States.
Ms. Talukdar earned her Bachelor of Laws (BAL.LLB) from Bangalore University, graduating with highest honors in 2006. She became a member of the California State Bar in 2013. In 2014, she earned her LLM degree in Comparative Law, with a concentration in Business and Corporate Laws, from the University of San Diego School of Law. As part of her LLM course work, Ms. Talukdar served as a corporate counsel intern for a technology company in San Diego.
Ms. Talukdar has been a licensed attorney in India since 2007. She is fluent in several Indian languages, including Hindi.
- University of San Diego, School of Law, LLM, 2014
- Bangalore University, Bengaluru, India, BAL. LLB, 2006
Ms. Talukdar has worked with international clients from India, China, Malaysia, Indonesia, Hong Kong, and Singapore. Her practice encompasses real estate and business transactions as well as business and general civil litigation.
Ms. Talukdar’s practice focuses on corporate law, commercial transactions and disputes, mergers and acquisitions, and real estate.
- Assists residential and commercial real estate developers and owners in documentation, negotiation and closing of real estate purchase and sale transactions, leasing transactions and real estate finance transactions.
- Assists landlords and tenants in documentation, negotiation and execution of office, retail, commercial and industrial real estate leasing transactions.
- Assists companies in initial company formation, general corporate governance matters, commercial contracts, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Drafts and reviews business contracts such as buy/sell agreements, operating agreements, stock purchase agreements, stock options, non-disclosure agreements, licensing agreements and consignment agreements.
- Assists clients in a wide variety of matters involving partnership disputes, shareholder disputes and general civil litigation.
Ms. Talukdar is a member of the San Diego County Bar Association and the Lawyers Club of San Diego. She also serves as the vice president for the South Asian Bar Association (San Diego Chapter) for the 2018 term.